This two-day, role-specific course presents additional topics and a deep dive into select subjects for the Data Engineer through the lens of the data engineering lifecycle. The course covers Snowflake concepts, features, considerations, and best practices intended for stakeholders who will be accessing, developing, and querying datasets for analytic tasks, and building data pipelines in Snowflake. This course consists of data engineering concepts delivered through lectures, demos, labs, and discussions.
View the COURSE DATASHEET
- •Develop applications for Snowflake, including comprehensive ANSI standard SQL support.
- •Identify and describe various data modeling techniques and architectures deployed on the Snowflake Platform
- •Effectively govern data stored and accessed in Snowflake.
- •Use Snowflake capabilities to work effectively with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data in Snowflake.
- •Leverage Snowflake’s SQL extensibility features, such as user-defined functions and stored procedures.
- •Use the Snowpark client libraries to query and transform data in a data pipeline and build applications that process data in Snowflake without moving data to the system running the application.
- •Automate data ingestion and expand data lake capabilities using Snowflake.
Successful completion of either Snowflake Fundamentals or Snowflake Data Engineer course is recommended.
- •to bring a laptop
- •a Snowflake compatible browser (see options HERE)
- •Data Analysts
- •Data Engineers
- •Data Scientists
- •Database Architects
- •Database Administrators
- •Data Application Developers